Monday, April 29, 2024

Wren and the Disappearing Door

I have to imagine the look of delight on the face of Wren's 4 year-old neighbor when he stopped by the tree to find the neighborhood fairy had returned from her winter travels.

A few days after he picked up Wren's note, a reply appeared, carefully tucked behind the door.

Dear Fairy Wren,

I drew a picture of you (pink) and me (blue). Hope you love it!

Sincerely, your 4 year-old neighbor

Of course I/she loved it!

I left one more small gift behind the door, it disappeared. I happily thought we were back in business. 

The next day, as I ambled around the block, I noticed the hang tag with the "open me" sign was neatly tucked against the base of the tree, but the door itself was gone! What the ???? All I can figure is that someone misinterpreted the note, thought the door itself was the small toy the tag refers to, and happily carried their loot home. 

Wren didn't want her 4 year-old neighbor to be worried, so she left him a note saying she is ok, but her front door disappeared in the recent rainstorm. It took several days, but 4 year-old did retrieve the note.

Thank goodness replacement doors are available from several larger retailers - I will have one in hand shortly and Wren will have a proper entrance to her home once again. I also have a fresh supply of small weatherproof toys headed my way. 

Magic Is!


No comments:

Post a Comment