Thursday, July 7, 2022

Scattered Thoughts

I. Can't. Even. 

The Illinois 4th of July shooting. The orphaned toddler, a COVID baby. His parents, relieved to finally be able to take him out and do normal 4th of July things, like a community parade. 

My emotions are a churning mass of anger and grief. What needs to happen to stop the madness? Why are military-grade killing weapons available outside the military? Why? 

I'm not even trying to make sense of it any more.

But I am trying to reground, recenter my core. To find light anyways, because "darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that." (MLK Jr)

It's a work in progress.

=========

I went to see Kevin. There are still no traces of active bed bugs to be found. I am calling the war won.

ALL of the grout I'd used to repair the shower turned out to be bad; it just turned to powder rather than curing. Which made cleanup easy. The re-regrouting work has been finished, and the shower is good as new. 

I had a small water leak. I found it when working with the sprinkler guy to fix a leak in that system - he fixed the problem, but the meter still showed a small drip somewhere, so I started turning off plumbing fixtures. The problem turned out to be the toilet in the basement. It's accessible, easy to fix, and I can turn it off for a week or two or ten until I get around to buying new toilet guts. *whew* That could have been SO much worse.

I tell myself, "See? SOME problems are solvable!"

And, as big as the other problems are, they, too, shall pass.

Breathe. Anyways.


No comments:

Post a Comment