|Free to a Good Home|
He first showed up the day before yesterday - I found him when I went outside to see what was scaring the birds away from the feeder.
He's half-grown, half-starving - and quite affectionate. His fur is badly matted, and he has worms. All that, and assuming he passes muster at the vet's tomorrow, I've found him a home. I have great friends, even if they're not always overly practical. (I really wanted to keep him, but my allergies won't allow me to keep a long-haired cat.) If he doesn't pass muster - well, at least he won't die of starvation and sickness alone out in the cold...
I'll see the plastic surgeon tomorrow afternoon - find out a bit more about what the reconstruction will entail. I meet the medical oncologist on Friday - we'll begin to map out a plan. But Thursday's meeting with the breast surgeon was cancelled - since the MRI contained no nasty surprises lurking, there's really nothing more for us to talk about until the results of the rest of the tests come in - and that may well take until early next week.
I'm doing well for the most part, but this waiting is killing me. I feel almost as if I have an appointment for a car wreck scheduled. Please show up on time and in your favorite car. It'll hurt just a bit, but I promise, it's all in your long term best interests. We'll get those dents hammered back out in no time - and you should see what we can do with Bondo these days!
I mean, come on. If we're going to do it, can't we just DO IT?!?!?!
No, logic has nothing to do with this. No, I don't really care to proceed until I have the best information gathered. And no, I definitely don't want to have to go back to surgery because we jumped the gun, and didn't wait until all the ducks were safely lined up. But, still!
As my mother always told me, "Patience is a virtue." Still working on it, Mom. Still not a stellar example of the virtue. **sigh**