Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Someone Else's Life


St. George's State Park
St. George Island, Florida

I woke up this morning in the middle of some other woman's life.

Monday morning, just after the 20th of the month, I am at work, making sure the BDI Feeds came in and loaded properly.  I am waiting on the mobility feed to hit my in-box.  People depend on me to get the work done right, and to get it done on time.

This other woman, she woke up with nothing heavier on her mind than what time would be best to take the five mile gravel trail through the Sensitive Nature Area of the park to see the beach on the east end of the island.

She made sure she had air in the tires of her bike, an extra water bottle, her camera, her sunscreen - and took off.

I like her life better than mine, just sayin'.

Yup, I think it's finally hitting me that I'm not just on vacation from work.  I certainly don't regret the time I spent there.  I think I and the company got good value from one another for most of the time I worked for them, but for good or ill, that's behind me now.

I'm trying to learn to live in the moment - to not dwell on the uncertainties of this future into which I've launched myself - but to trust that I will land safely, and to enjoy the flight in-between.

Some days, it's easier than others.  Today is one of the easy days.

Stop.  Breathe.  Relax.

Check.


No comments:

Post a Comment