Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Strands of Wisdom

Sylvan Dale Ranch, CO
In 2003, I followed a hunch and went out to Colorado for a week-long workshop / retreat called the Web of Wisdom. It was a good hunch to follow. The workshop (all women, except for Roscoe the border collie) was taught by Maria Gamori, following the work of Virginia Satir.

From there, I learned about family rules - and how following rules that once helped to survive doesn't always work for happy healthy living in the present. I learned to change some of the family rules I still unknowingly followed, and today, am a more balanced person because of it.

This past weekend, I went back to Colorado for a three day version of the workshop, called Strands of the Web, taught by women who have learned from Maria and from Steven Young, also a disciple of Virginia's. As before, I wasn't sure exactly why I was going, or what I hoped to find when I got there, but as before, I'm glad I went.

Last year was hard. Very hard.

They held the workshop at a ranch near Loveland, CO. Though not far from town, it felt secluded; hushed. I was able to tell my story to women who listened. They didn't try to fix anything - I think the experience is still a bit raw for fixing - they just listened and heard. I was able to take some time to sit by the stream and breathe. Though February, the weekend was warm enough to feel the promise of spring to come as I nestled between rocks, out of the wind, in the warmth of the sun.

Stop.  Breathe.  Relax.

Oh, yeah.

I'd almost forgotten I knew how to do that. For the first time in a long time, I felt a sense of Peace; a sense that I will have enough strength to see this through.

Goddess Is.


No comments:

Post a Comment