I am flunking floors and getting an "A" in windows.
I'd redone the floors a couple of weeks ago. I followed the proper procedures, but the new coating didn't stick for reasons best known to itself. It looks good, but when you ding it, big sections of it peel on up. (I've talked to everyone I know who's ever done a floor to try to figure out why it didn't stick; the consensus is that there was some sort of wax or oil coating on the top coat of the original finish that didn't come off when I sanded.) I discovered it when I tried to scrape up a bit of plaster that had fallen to the floor when I was redoing the windows in the living room. **sigh**
The windows, on a much brighter note, are coming along wonderfully. They're the original windows, and someone painted the ropes holding the weights. (that is, they painted the ropes that weren't already broken...) Painted ropes don't slide along so well. So, I'm taking apart the trim, replacing the ropes, adding some insulation while I'm in there, and putting it all back together. So far, I'm 7 for 7. (10 to go.) It's a wonderful feeling when I finish each one. The window goes up. The window comes down. It's a beautiful thing.
I had a schedule. I had just enough time to get the painting and window work done before I moved in. (the movers are scheduled for the 17th.) I think God laughs at schedules.
I thought I could get all the trim painted in two days. I was SO wrong. The house is all trim. There are three bedrooms upstairs. Within the three bedrooms, there are nine doors and ten windows. There is ceiling molding and floor trim. When I haven't been doing windows, I've been painting trim. I'm almost done. Except for the windows. Those will have to wait until after I move in.
I made a new schedule, to fit in redoing the floors. again. It involves taking several afternoons off from work, but I THINK I can get it all in.
Wish me luck.