Thursday, December 1, 2011

Kansas City, Here I Come!

Mississippi River, Memphis, TN
I'm going home.

I'm not tired of life on the road, but I'm ready to start getting ready for Christmas.  And I can't go shopping while I'm staying the camper van, because I have no place to put anything I'd buy.

I'm going home faster than I'd originally planned because the weather's turned to freezing.  When I tried to turn the valves to run the camper in winter mode, they didn't want to turn, and when they did turn, they started to leak.  I tried to get them fixed in Memphis (I thought it would be fun to spend a few days there, checking out the city), but the dealers there were all busy.  So, I called one I knew of in St. Louis, and they were able to fit me in, so I came on up. 

Turns out that when you install a valve in a truck and then don't turn it for eight or nine years, it tends to break when you put the channel locks on it to get it to turn.  Go figure.

They'll get me back on the road sometime today. And since I'm already in St. Louis, I might as well head on back to Kansas City.  I have some good friends willing to put up with me there, since I don't actually have a home to go to.  And I'll be able to go shopping and start thinking about Christmas.  Just 24 shopping days left, you know...

1 comment:

  1. I am looking forward to seeing you again! Would you like to join us for Art Group a time or two, while you are in town?

    ReplyDelete