Sunday, December 11, 2011

Chllin'

Spent the last few days mostly lounging about.  A lot like my usual life these days, except that I'm doing it in one place instead of moving about in the camper.

My original plans for the week got changed abruptly when I tried to do a hard stop in the camper van last Tuesday.  I didn't hit anything, but it took me a full city block to get it to stop from 40mph.  Granted, two of the wheels were on spotty ice, but the other two were on clear pavement.

It scared the bejeezus out of me.  Once I got safely back to where I'm staying, I decided I'd stay here until I could get the brakes looked at and fixed.  I'd hate to push my luck.

Since the shop was able to fit me in on Monday, I'll be able to get back to plan next week - right on schedule, actually, since I came back to town a bit earlier than I'd originally planned.  So much for getting ahead of the ball for a bit...

My hosts have been busy with the usual round of work and pre-Christmas doings, so I've mostly tried to stay out of their way, and to be a little helpful.  In between exercise and reading (two of my favorite ways to pass the time these days), I put up the tree and a few other decorations, did a bit of cleaning. 

With the shortest days of the winter upon us, I've been grateful for good company, light and warmth during the long evenings.  Peace...

No comments:

Post a Comment