Tuesday, November 1, 2011

11-1-11

Santee State Park, South Carolina
Some dates are just too fun.  Today ranks right up there for the year with 9-10-11, and just behind 11-11-11!   Just ask me.

I realized there is a flaw in my plan the other day.  I've been heading south, thinking to escape the cold, but it's not the cold that bothers me about winter.  (At least, it doesn't bother me if it's cold outside as long as I am warm and dry.)

It's the dark.  Without my fireplace, comforting candles and bright lights, I'm afraid I'm not going to like the next few months very well.

And since I can't drive far enough south to outrun winter's darkness, I'm going to have to grit my teeth and deal.  I did take one positive step this weekend - I bought a task lamp for the camper.  The lights in the van work for reading or watching TV, but are not quite bright enough for me to work on art or other crafts.  The room is certainly cozy enough; perhaps it'll be easier than I fear...  I can only hope, because right now, winter's looking like it'll make this trip feel like it's lasting FOREVER - and not in a good way.

No comments:

Post a Comment