Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Time to Recharge

For the last couple of years, I've been working hard - and fighting burnout.  A year or so ago, I decided life was too short to spend it that way, and it was time to take a break and recharge my batteries.  But first I had to get my ducks lined up.

In the past few months, the ducklings have fallen into place beautifully.  I sold my house, and put my stuff into storage.  I bought a camper van, and had too much fun spending money to outfit it.  This past week, I gave notice at the place I've worked for the past 27 years.

At the end of August, I'm going to start a sabbatical.  I'm going to take a year and spend it visiting national parks I haven't seen yet - there are a lot of them and they are beautiful.

I'm going to hike and to bike.  I'm going to reacquaint myself with my guitar.  I'm going to create art - and not worry about whether or not it's good art.  I'm going to read books and spend too much time doing crossword puzzles.

I'm going to take time to breathe.  To rediscover my natural rhythms, and to catch up on my sleep.

And somewhere in there, I'm going to figure out what I do after the year is up, when I run out of money and have to find a job again.  (always those niggling details...)

Three weeks to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment